1 Day (6-8 hours)
Classroom and Practical
Auditorium available for large groups
The MBTI Fall Protection course will provide you with a basic understanding of the use of fall protection, as it relates to working at heights. Numerous fall protection options exist in industry, this course will assist the end-user in safely identifying which options may best meet your work site needs and give you the tools and knowledge to work at heights safely. This Fall Protection training will provide students with the most current legislative information including industry best practices.
This program teaches participants how to exercise the hierarchy of controls including fall prevention, fall restraint, and fall arrest as each situation will be different when working at heights.
- The Legislative Regulations pertaining to working from heights
- Roles and Responsibilities as it relates to working at heights
- Introduction to the different types of Fall Protection Systems in industry; and how to differentiate between the types of Fall Protection; Fall Arrest and Fall Restraint
- Identification of the components of fall protection
- How to assess and select anchor points
- Fall Hazard Control identification
- How to inspect and don your fall protection, as well as equipment care principals, and how to identify when it should be removed from service.
- Documentation Requirements – due diligence, compliance and planning, inspection forms, working at heights planning.
- Fall rescue planning; How to calculate Free Fall, Total Fall and Clearance Required distances
This program will include a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies. Participants will each learn how to don and doff the equipment, inspect, and have the opportunity to view a simulated suspension situation. This course may also be complimented with the use of AR/VR Technology.
Looking for a specific training solution?
MBTI prides itself on the ability to provide Manitoba contractors custom work-ready training courses. Our Training Manager is available to build out a unique training offering for any work-site.