1 Day (6-8 hours)
Classroom and Practical
Auditorium available for large groups
The MBTI Mobile Elevated Work Platform course aims to reduce the risks related to work conducted using an elevated work platform by teaching you the fundamentals of safe operating procedures. The Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training course includes a written and practical skill assessment to validate training competencies. MBTI MEWP training provides students with the most current legislative information on mobile elevated work platforms. Participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of this course.
- Legislation and Standards Relating to Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- Operator Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Types of Mobile Elevated Work Platform and their Components
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment required when using the Mobile Elevated Work Platform – ie: Fall Protection Requirements
- Pre-operational Inspections
- Planning required to use the Mobile Elevated Work Platform
- Load limitations and calculations
- Mobile Elevated Work Platform Stability
- What to expect when working at heights
Participants will each operate the aerial work platform through a course set up by the instructor to test operator ability.
Looking for a specific training solution?
MBTI prides itself on the ability to provide Manitoba contractors custom work-ready training courses. Our Training Manager is available to build out a unique training offering for any work-site.