The Government of Canada has many resources available to the public. Learn more about Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) 

The Government of Canada announced changes to the Employment Insurance (EI) program and new recovery benefits that will better support Canadians.

If you need financial assistance after your CERB ends: FIND DETAILS ON EI AND RECOVERY BENEFITS

As of September 27, 2020, there are some temporary changes to the EI program to help you access EI benefits. These changes will be in effect for 1 year.

If you were receiving CERB, you may be eligible for one of the new recovery benefits retroactive to September 27, 2020 and available until September 25, 2021.

Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)

Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)

Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)


To find out more about COVID-19 measures, guidelines and restrictions – including detailed instruction to adhere to each of the public health restriction zones, please reference the provincial COVID-19 website.

At this time there are no specific provincial programs that provide income support direct to Manitobans.

Visit for a full list of resources and information released by the Government of Manitoba

Stay current with COVID-19 related news and industry updates by following our MBT News Page

Review the Manitoba Construction Industry Safety Guidance Document for enhanced and industry specific COVID-19 guidelines.

Review the Manitoba Construction Industry COVID Safety and Prevention Measures.

Canada’s Building Trades Unions, our country and the world are facing an unprecedented time amidst the COVID-19 outbreak. As things continue to rapidly change, CBTU wants to ensure we provide as much relevant information to you, our members, as possible, to assist in navigating this difficult time.

Click here to view available CBTU COVID-19 Resources

Keeyask Hydro Project

If you are a member currently working at the Keeyask Hydro Project
please contact an Allied Hydro Council Site Representative for information or assistance.

contact your local union

For unionized members of the building trades looking for more information about your specific trade, or to report concerns about your worksite, please call your Local for information.

To help Locals help you faster, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Please DO NOT go to the Local without an appointment;
Call or email the Local for information.
Tell the Local what you need and give your agents time to work on it.